This topic came up on Twitter moms!! I am not sure if it is a good or bad idea. Most times, I think it is a great idea. Especially for children who are in their preteen and teen life. Here are 5 reasons it is good for children to have cell phones:
- It's a way for parents to keep in touch with their children, when they are not home.
- Children will be better organized (they can keep notes on what needs to be done during the course of the day)
- If a child is lost, they have a way to call mom or dad or police
- Parents will always have a way to know where their child is (either through GPS or contacting the child).
- It allows children to feel a sense of freedom that their parents aren't always "bugging" them!
If you would like your children to own a phone for any reasons my suggestion would be contact Kajeet. They are a company that offers cell phone service for children. Their are special plans and phones that are made just for kids. You can contact them at the following website: http://www.kajeet.com/