Monday, March 30, 2009

Are we all SuperMoms??


I think we are all supermoms!!! I look at this weekend... I worked so hard and my husband was sick! Yes, he helped around but for the most part, he rested in bed!! I think all moms work hard, especially the working moms. Yes, they get a break from the kids but man is it tough to come home after work, spend time with the kids, cook dinner, clean up and then put the kids to bed, clean up and go to bed!! I remember those days... It was tough, even though I had one child to take care of. I think being a mom is hard work. We cook, clean, wash, take care of the kids, vacuum, sweep, wash the floors, do laundry, make sure all is organized and clean!! I am so tired after a day's work! I was so tired last night after a weekend cleaning but it wasn't done! I needed help from my husband because there were manly chores that needed to be done... I just didn't have the strength! I went up and told my husband I was going to bed and it was up to him to at least clean his clothes or they were going to be put in with all the other garbage AND I wasn't joking!! I finally relaxed and went to bed. Little did I know, my husband got out of bed and did all the rest of the cleaning. It was so nice to get out of bed this morning to see that the paint was finally put away, the lightbulb was changed and the hallway was bright again. The garbage was out front with the recycling and the composting... It was great!!! So, to answer the question: Are we all Supermoms?? Yes, we are. I know I am not the only one as my sons friend's moms from school, complain about the same issues. We run around and do things that only God knows!! I thank God for my family and even my husband. It is good to have a family that cares about each other... May God bless you and your families this season!!

2 comments:

  1. You definitly sound like a super Mom to me! I think most people(that arn't Moms) have no idea how much a Mother really does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When people ask me how I do it. I tell them I just do. And I don't always do it graciously or even correctly, but I do do it.

    I found this once and I have kept it close. I don't even remember where I got it. But some deep words.

    I can handle anything that life throws at me.
    I may not be able to handle it well, or correctly, or gracefully, or with
    finesse, or expediently, but I will handle it.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might
    as well dance!

    ReplyDelete