Children have so much to offer and we have so much to offer them. We need to remind them and teach them about God and what type of life God has given us. The love we share with them is God's love too! Discipline and politeness stems from the Bible. It is best to be a parent, not a friend. God gave us our children so that they learn to grow up and live life to the fullest. We are their teacher. Our children are our students. When they grow up and have their families, we will then become friends.
These are some of the most important points that I learned in the course:
- The Bible represents ultimate authority and moralilty. As parents, we should teach our children how to act and think morally.
- The greatest gift we can give our children is the confidence that mom and dad love each other.
- Love not only fills a child with confidence in your love, but it also fosters a love for others.
- Love is not rude.
- When you respect His creation, you are honoring God.
- Rewards are used to motivate behaviour not stimulate behaviour.
- Encouragement really reaps its rewards when you touch your child!
- Repentance begins with the offender and forgiveness begins with the offended.
- Children are ready for choices when they can handle not having any choices.
There is so much more that I learned but it is hard to summarize. If your church ever offers a course by the name Growing Kids God's Way by the Ezzo Family. I would suggest taking it. It gives you a lot of great info and great advice!